Most of us try to use the personal profile to access the data from our Windows PC/Laptop right? But sometimes even after entering the correct login credentials, you can see a message like “The User Profile Service service failed the logon” User Profile cannot be loaded. This message will be displayed even after you enter the correct Password. You need not panic, as it can be solved by using the simple steps mentioned below.
You can see this kind of errors on all the versions of Windows Operating System due to the inbuilt error or due to inbuilt issues on your Windows Operating System. So let us carefully follow the steps and then resolve the issue on your Windows Operating System.
SOLVED: The User Profile Service failed the logon
You need to follow these steps carefully because we are going to change the settings from the boot on your Windows Operating System. If you are regular to change the settings from boot then you can find the error or issue easily. But if you are new to it then you need to concentrate carefully so that you can easily find the error or issue related to “The User Profile Service Failed the Logon” issue on your Windows Operating System.
- Open your Windows PC/Laptop and then try to enter into the boot options. Many users do not know the key to enter the boot options right? So better to google the boot option for your device as it varies from one device to the other.
- Else you can press the Spacebar continuously or press F10 key or any other key related to boot option.
- After you enter into boot options, you need to select the Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking. Remember that you cannot use a mouse. You need to navigate by using the keyboard keys.
- As you click on Safe Mode, you can see a new Windows Support page which helps you to guide.
- Here you need to click on Diagnostic Tools to use in Safe Mode.
- Now, you need to scroll down and then choose Click to Open Registry Editor. You can also choose to open the Registry Editor from the Start Menu.
- You can see the Registry Editor window. Now, you need to navigate to the Profile List. Choose HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > Current Version > Profile List.
- Here you can see the Profile List that you can find all the profiles. But one among them will be with a .bak extension which means the backup file for your profile. You can also see the default profile in the list.
- So now, you need to right click on the default profile and then click on Rename.
- Rename it with the profile you have and then rename the .bak file.
- Now delete the .bak file.
- In the right pane, you can see the RefCount. Click on it and then change its value to 0 and also check the Base as it should be Hexadecimal.
- Change the State Key value to 0 and then close the window.
After you change all the settings in the Registry Editor then you can shut down your Windows Operating System. After few minutes, you can Turn On your Windows OS and then you can easily login to your personal profile.