Apple is a brand that stands for class, reliability, and performance. MAC is something that will never disappoint you. Its performance is way too good. MAC is arguably the most loved and desired gadget everyone wants to have. However, no matter how good a gadget is, it can never be 100% free from errors. Same is the case with Apple’s MAC.
Though the number of issues and errors faced by MAC users are significantly less as compared to Windows users, it still has some issues. In this article, we are going to talk about one such very common issue that MAC users usually face.
The issue that we will be talking about is MAC Error Code 43. This error code usually pops up when you try to send something to the trash. As soon as you try to delete any file or folder, a pop up appears with the following error message:
The Operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found.
(Error Code 43).
This error message will not allow you to delete the desired file or folder and will pop up each time you to try to delete that stuff. Now if you are also suffering from this error right now, I am sure you must be frustrated with it by this time. I know how bad it feels. So, without wasting any time further, let us jump directly to the methods to fix MAC Error Code 43. Let us get started.
How To Fix Mac Error Code 43
In this section, you will get all you need to fix MAC Error Code 43. The only thing we want from you is attention. Please follow the steps mentioned in this guide carefully. By the end of this article, you should be able to resolve MAC Error Code 43 once and for all. So, let us get started.
Method 1: Use Disk Utility To Fix Mac Error Code 43
If the file you are trying to delete is corrupted or it doesn’t exist anymore, this method will surely help you fixing MAC Error Code 43. Apple’s MAC comes with a pre-installed disk utility tool that you can make use of to get rid of this issue. Simply follow the steps mentioned below to fix MAC Error Code 43 using MAC’s disk utility.
- First of all, Restart your MAC.
- Once your system has been restarted, press and hold Command + R key until you see an Apple logo.
- Here, click on Disk Utility option and Continue.
- From the left panel, select the disk you want to repair (The disk where the file you want to delete exists).
- Now click on First-Aud button and Continue with the Disk Utility check process.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once done, you will see a report and you have to take the actions accordingly.
This method should resolve the MAC Error Code 43. However, if this method doesn’t do well, you need not worry at all. Just try the next method and you should be good to go then.
Method 2: Resolve Mac Error Code 43 By Resetting Pram
PRAM stands for Parameter Random Access Memory. You need to follow the simple steps mentioned below to reset PRAM on your MAC system.
- First of all, Shut down your system.
- Once it shuts down, locate the Command, Option, P, and R keys. You will be making use of these keys simultaneously in the next step. So, make sure you know their locations very well beforehand.
- Now Turn ON the MAC and press Command + Option + P + R keys simultaneously. (These keys should be pressed before the grey startup screen shows up).
- Hold these keys until you hear a startup sound three times. Once you have it, release the keys.
- This will reset the PRAM (Parameter Random Access Memory) on your device.
- In case you did not hear the startup sound three times, shut down your system and follow this process again.
This will surely fix MAC Error Code 43 and then you will be able to delete files on your system.
Method 3: Remove Locked Files And Empty Trash
Locked files can also cause Error Code 43 on your MAC. If this is the root cause, then this method is perfect for you. This is a simple and small method and will hardly take a minute or two. So, it is worth giving a shot. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete the locked files from your system.
- First of all, open the Terminal on your MAC.
- Now type the following command on the terminal and press Enter. Please type your password if asked for.
chflags -R nouchg
- Now Empty the trash. You can do so by double-clicking the Trash icon, pressing Command + A key to mark all the files and then dragging the files you want to delete from Trash to Terminal.
So, these were the few methods to fix MAC Error Code 43. In case of any issues or concerns, feel free to reach out to via comments.