You can see many errors or failures on your Windows Operating System right? Some of these failures are related to the drivers on your Windows Operating System. The most important driver failure is Driver Power State Failure which you can see on Black Screen of Death Error on your Windows Operating System. This error is mainly because of the incompatible drivers on your Windows Operating System or on any of the hardware device you use.
Driver Power State Failure error occurs whenever you try to update your Windows 10 Operating System. Windows Operating System will send a notification related to the error immediately as the failure occurs. So to resolve or fix the failure, you need to uninstall all the drivers which cause the failure. Even sometimes if you reboot your Windows Operating System then you can fix the failure on your Windows 10 Operating System. But if that does not work then you can try out the different methods mentioned below.
Different Methods to fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10 Operating System
You can see the failure or error on a black screen or in a black window with a message like DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and also with error code 0x0000009F. This error is because of your system behaviour as it is controlled by drivers. When you make your computer to sleep and then later if you try to turn it on then drivers makes the interaction with your hardware to behave in a way asked. You can check this tutorial to Fix SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Stop Error on Windows 10.
So better to use the updated drivers on your Windows Operating System and then do not make your Windows Device cause errors. If you do not have any updated drivers then you can update then from Device Manager or from the Control Panel. You can also get the latest updated drivers from the internet.
#Method 1:- Fix the Error in Safe Mode
Turn your computer into safe mode and then try to implement these steps. As it helps you not to make any glitches to your computer.
- Right-click on the My Computer and then click on Properties.
- Click on Device Manager and then you can see a new window called Device Manager.
- Here you need to search for the labels which have Yellow Triangle labelled to them. All the labels mentioned are the hardware drivers on your Windows Operating System.
- If you see any driver with such symbol, then uninstall it by right-clicking on it and then click on Uninstall Driver.
- Now, remember the driver which you have uninstalled and then Reinstall the driver on your Windows Operating System.
- Restart your Windows PC/Laptop and then Open Settings.
- Click on System and Security. In System and Security, click on Windows Update.
- Check for Updates and then install all the required updates on your Windows Operating System.
So this the first method to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10 Operating System.
#Method 2: – Upgrade the BIOS
You can see all the information about the BIOS on your Windows Operating System and then update to the latest version if it has an older version.
#Method: – System Restore
Yes, by restoring your Windows Operating System without affecting your files helps you to Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10 Operating System.
- Open Control Panel and then click on System and Security.
- You can see the System Protection label in the left pane. Click on it.
- Click on System Restore and then click on Next.
- Your Windows Operating System starts restoring without affecting your files.
Finally, you can see that you are back with fresh Windows Operating System and then you can see that the Fix Driver Power State Failure in Windows 10 Operating System has fixed.