So you don’t want to add your phone number to create a Gmail account? Well, we can understand your situation. Keep reading to get the best solution.
Today, whether it is Google, Facebook, or any other company on the internet. They all require your details for verification purposes. But sometimes you don’t want to add your phone number to these services.
You might be in a situation where your personal phone number is not available or you just don’t like to give it online. You don’t have to if you don’t want. You can avoid giving your phone number online.
But how? In this blog, we will tell you how to create a Gmail account without a phone number and also how can you avoid giving your phone numbers online.
Why is it Important to Add a Phone Number?
Have you ever thought about why these online companies including giants like Google ask for your phone numbers? To call you? Nope. They get it for security reasons. Bow you might be thinking what kind of security is a phone number?
So let me tell you that giving a phone number clarifies that you are not a robot and you are a real human. Other than that, it secures your account from unauthorized access. It also helps you in situations where you forgot your password and you want to recover it.
You can still use an account without a phone number attached to it. This just makes it a little insecure. You can secure your account with other ways like adding a backup question or backup email address.
How to Create Gmail Account Without a Phone Number?
Here comes the part you were waiting for. So how can you create a Gmail account without a phone number? It is very easy, you have to follow the regular method but instead of adding the phone number, you have to skip that part and create the account.
If you still did not understand, you can follow these steps:
• Go to the Create Gmail Account page on your browser.
• Then, enter your name and click on next.
• Now, write your desired address before “@gmail.com“. You can also choose from the suggested ones.
• After that, you will have to select your password. You can enter your desired password and confirm it. Then go to the next step.
• Now you will see a date of birth section. Add your birthday and save it. Now go to the next step.
• You will see other information including phone number, recovery question, recovery Gmail and gender. Add your recovery question and recovery Gmail if you have one. Enter your gender. Avoid the phone number section. It is an optional field so you don’t have to add your number.
• Once you have filled in all the required information, click on Next and checkmark the terms and conditions box. Now your account is successfully created without a phone number.
If you get a message from Gmail about your account and they send you a message to add a phone number then avoid it and move on. It is not a mandatory field. It is an optional field.
If you read the terms and conditions carefully you will know that they require your phone number only to improve your security. So if you want to make your account secure you can use it otherwise leave. There is no problem with that.
Pro Tip to Create Online Accounts Without Using Your Original Phone Numbers
Did you know that there are websites online that offer fake phone numbers? Yes, you can get a working phone number to get verification codes. These websites charge you less than a dollar and give you working phone numbers.
You can get these numbers for one-time use or longer if you want. The website that we recommend is SMS-MAN and PVACODES.
Phone numbers are required online wherever you go. They are used for security purposes but sometimes you don’t want to add your phone number. In this blog, we have discussed how to create a Gmail account without a phone number. You can check it out above.