A lot is being expected from Windows 10 due to its new and exciting features. Millions of users have already installed Windows 10 and many more are looking forward to it. Windows 10 comes with astonishing features, but at the same time we must also accept the fact that errors are inevitable and Windows 10 is no different.
Many people have reported many different errors and we are going to discuss one such error in this article. Here, we are going to discuss about an error code 0x803F7001. This is an activation error that is caused when you clean install Windows using flash drive. In this article, we are going to tell you the causes and methods to fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803F7001.
What Causes Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803f7001
There can be numerous reasons that can cause Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803F7001 to occur. These are mostly caused by:
- Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803F7001 can be caused when you clean install your Windows using flash drive.
- It can also be caused when you update your BIOS.
- Error 0x803F7001 can also be caused when Microsoft’s server are down. In this case, you have no option, but to wait.
Next, we will be discussing few methods to fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803F7001. Go through the next section carefully to fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803F7001.
Methods To Fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803f7001
METHOD 1: get installation id from call
This is one of the methods that have been found successful, as reported by users. This method was shared by one of the Microsoft Support Engineer. Just go through these simple steps as given below:
- Press Windows Key + R. This will open the run command prompt.
- Now type Slui 4 and hit Enter.
- Now you will be prompted to pick your Country or Region. Select this and click next.
- Now you will be given a toll free number. Dial this toll free number.
- You will be given a confirmation ID.
- Now enter the confirmation ID numbers in A to H field.
- Click on Activate.
- That’s it. You are done.
Method 2: Upgrade Using Windows Media Creation Tool
In this method, you need to first install Windows 7 or Windows 8.x, and then upgrade using Windows Media Creation Tool. Follow the steps as given below carefully:
- Install Windows 7 or Windows 8.x, using product key you have.
- Download Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Now you can Upgrade this PC feature to upgrade to Windows 10.
- Also, now you can easily clean install your system using Flash drive.
These two methods should fix Windows 10 Activation error 0x803F7001. So these were two of the easiest and efficient methods to fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803F7001. Hope you liked this article on How to fix Windows 10 Activation Error 0x803F7001. In case you find yourself into trouble while going through the methods mentioned above, feel free to ask via comments. Thanks and Stay in Touch.