Are you facing for Fix page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error in your Window 10? So, you come to the right place. Today, we are going to share all the solution for fix the error. Actually, this error has been since Windows XP if not longer.
They prefer Windows or a Windows application trying to retrieve a part of physical memory which is invalid. It can be used by some other app or is saved for something else. Somehow, Windows cannot cope up with this and that is why it will generate this error and a Blue Screen of Death.
Guide to Solve Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area errors on Windows 10
Sometimes, what happens, the error syntax will tell you what caused the issue which is good for you. Let’s take an example in which we will explain to you that how error syntax will tell you what caused the issue like ‘‘Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (at.sys)’. The .sys file is the application which is trying to access memory and trying to cause the error.
The error can be generating by hardware or software. Mostly, it happens just after when you change graphic card, a Windows core or app update or when you installed something new on your device.
Blue Screen of Death is also known as” BSoD”. It occurs when your device has a major error in it and your computer shuts down giving you windows 10 blue screen page_fault_in_nonpaged_area in orders to save potential damage to your hardware. There are all types of BSOD errors. So, we are here to show you, how to fix Windows 10 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error.
If you are facing this problem the first time, then restart your computer. But, if this error appears again then follow these simple steps:
- If you installed some kind of new hardware or software then contact your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
- If still your problem is not solved then disable or uninstall that newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing. If you need a safe and secure mode to remove or uninstall the components, then simply restart your computer, press f8 to select the advanced startup option, and then choose Safe Mode.
How to Fix PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Errors in Windows 10
This error can be related to the hardware and software, so if you update or install any new hardware or software then, you might want to remove it and to see if the problem continues or not. If that doesn’t help then maybe you need to try to some of the following solutions:
1) Test your RAM
This error is occurring because of RAM. This won’t harm to test it. For fixing the problem you have to follow the below points:
- First download Memtest868+
- When the download procedure is completed, you can burn it to a CD or put on a USB flash drive.
- Make sure that your CD-ROM or USB is set as first boot device in BIOS.
- Then insert your CD or USB in your computer and after inserting restart your Computer.
- Memtest86+ will open and now, you are able to check your RAM memory. This process will take some time around 10-30 minutes, or may be even more. So, you have to wait patiently.
- If no error is found then it means that there is something which causes an error.
If, your RAM is not causing any error then have a look at the next Solution which given below:
2) Remove or Update Problematic Software
PAGE_FAULT_IN_Area (cpuz138-x64.sys) error, for example, is occurring by software called Speccy. If your computer gives an advice that the software which you update is causing your computer to crash. If updating the software doesn’t help you then you should uninstall that app until the developer fixes the issue.
There is one more software which is very common for causing the error and that is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (applecharger.sys). This error is causing by an application called ON/OFF developed by Gigabyte. Simply, uninstall that app in order to solve the problem.
3) Uninstall, Rollback Or Update Your Audio Or Display Driver.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (usbaudio.sys). It means that your audio driver is causing the error, so simply you have to uninstall the audio driver from your computer. For doing this, you have to follow the below points:
- Open device manager and search your audio and display driver.
- When you find it, right click on the option and choose the button of uninstall, if you really want to resolve the problem, or if you don’t want to uninstall it then you can use the default driver, Rollback Driver if you want to use the previous version of drivers.
- If you choose to uninstall driver then select it and delete the driver software from your device and click on ok for your confirmation.
- Now, it’s your choice you can use the default or previous version of drivers.
If you still facing the problem, then there is the last solution for it and that is you have to visit your graphic card manufacturer or sound card manufacturer or simply you can download the latest Windows 10 drivers on your computer.
4) Broad Stroke Driver Update
If, you don’t see the bracket which is next to the error, and which is containing file’s name that this application is causing the error. If that option doesn’t see a file name, then you have to do a Broad Stroke Driver Update
For searching that application which is causing the error, you have to follow the steps from Safe Mode
- Reboot your device from your Windows installation media.
- Select the option Repair my computer rather than install when promoted.
- Select Troubleshoot Advanced and then Startup settings.
- Then, press the f5 button for enabling the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Go to the settings, select the option of Update & Security.
- Then choose the Advanced Option text link in the right pane and check the box which is next to ‘Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows’.
- Then, go back to Update & Security and Check for updates. Allow the process to complete.
- Right, click the Start Button and Select Device Manager.
- Then in the next step, you have to right click on the graphic card, network card, and any peripherals you have connected and select the option of ‘Update Driver Software’. Repeat this process for all hardware.
- Navigate to the website of your motherboard manufacturer and then check a driver update.
- Reboot your computer again, when this process is completely updated and retest.
Error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Windows 10 may be tricky because it is occurring due to software, hardware or a bad driver, so if you seriously want to fix the error then you should have to see the bracket which has give next to the error because that bracket is usually pointing out the file which is causing error on your computer.
So, Our Lovable Users, after reading this article, you’ll have a good idea of how you can fix the problem on your computer. Thank you for staying with us till here. We are trying our best to provide you all the solutions about “How Fix Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area errors Windows 10” properly. We hope that this content will be helpful for you because we try to give you all the information as much as we can.